COUTURE GOLF DRESSES? WORK IT, GOLF GIRL!


The Golf Clothing : Schriffen Golf Dresses (black and turquoise sz sm, peach size med) and Jacket (sz sm)
The Golf Course : Southshore Golf Club, Henderson NV

We found Schriffen while searching for unique, modern golf dresses online - and were so delighted when they sent samples to review.  Interested in having the Gals play in and critique your golf clothing or accessory?  Instructions regarding submitting samples are at the end of this post.


Dawn Says : I love my Anna dress! The clothing design team at Schriffen has created a sporty and sexy golf garment that can be worn either on or off the course. From the fabric to the fit they have captured my attention...


Although I was hesitant about wearing the bow-tie around my next, I barely noticed it was there... 


One of my favorite things about this dress is the playful drape and fullness of the skirt - especially how it flared out when swinging... 


I was particularly impressed with how well the dresses laundered - they were virtually wrinkle free after washing...


My only suggestion for Schriffen is - include matching shorts with a ball pocket to wear underneath!

Shelley Says : I the love insanely soft fabric on my Leah II dress!  Even though it wasn't hot when we played (mid 70's), this garment felt like it would wick away moisture on steamy summer days.  Other favorites?  The extra-full skirt and leather side buckles...   


As the tallest Gal (5'9''), unfortunately all 3 styles were technically too short on me.  Whitney's dress fit like a large shirt - it hit just below my derriere.  Dawn's was a little longer but still too revealing to play in comfortably.  The aqua version seemed to be the longest of the 3, but I still had to kneel instead of lean over when placing my ball on the tee...


In the future, I would order this dress in medium and black - the turquoise color felt like I was wearing a wetsuit on my mid-section.  You could see the divot where my belly button was!  Also, given the short length I'd definitely recommend including matching undershorts. 

Whitney Says : I. Love. Couture. Fashion.  I was very curious to see how my dress and jacket (size sm) would function on the course! The fabric of the Tabitha golf dress was very light and moved with my swing...   


The color and style was very cute, although was not a fan of the ruching - rather than hiding my problem areas, I felt it accentuated them.  The Bow Show jacket's lace peek-a-boo backing looks very sophisticated and offers great coverage while also adding style.  Be sure to order a size up though -  this lightweight coat runs extremely small.  


Pluses of the Tabitha - colors, fabric, zipper and collar.  Minuses?  Length of the skirt, and the lack of shorts and ball pocket.  Overall, I would definitely purchase a Schriffen dress, but would choose a different style for my body type. 

SUMMARY :  

We're going to give our Schriffen Golf Outfits 4 out of 5 balls.  Why not 5?  Here's why:  



1. Include undershorts.  If not, lower the price slightly!  Don't get us wrong - the quality of these dresses is exceptional.  However, the price point ($130 - $180) would be more justified if shorts were included to wear underneath.  And if those shorts included a ball pocket, we'd be happy campers!  Here's the only place we could find to put an extra ball while playing...


 
2. Increase the length slightly.   Even if it's just by 1 inch!  For women that are taller, these dresses are just a tad too short - especially if playing on a private course with strict dress codes.  Again, including attached undershorts would help mitigate this problem! 

3.  A very minor detail, but consider alternatives to the extra large zipper on all 3 styles.  The bow on Dawn's Anna Dress hid this detail, but the industrial zipper on the other 2 styles felt a bit out-of-place given the chic details the rest of the garment exhibits.

Cheers and thanks to the sisters at Schriffen for sending these samples! 



To submit your golf clothing or accessory for the Gals to critique, click here and send an email introducing your company / the product(s) you'd like us to review.  We'll be in touch shortly!