2 GALS AT THE TIMBERS CHARITY GOLF TOURNAMENT!


Tournament Review : Timbers 11th Annual Charity Golf Tournament
The Golf Club :  The Siena Golf Club, Las Vegas NV
The Golf Gals : Shelley and Whitney

Shelley says : First and foremost, what we wore!  That's Whitney on the left in secret agent mode, preparing to decorate a birthday golf cart in her Gals Who Golf sleeveless shirt and Lululemon skirt.  That's me on the right, wearing the same shirt and this Puma skirt.


We arrived super early, yet couldn't have been treated better by the accommodating caddies.  After checking our bags in and finding our cart, we headed to Siena's pro shop.  Their selection wasn't huge, but did have a few cute items.  I really liked this grey plaid nike golf bag, and Whitney was partial to this white ruffle collar shirt by Nivo Golf.


I was surprised not to be more nervous at this point since this was the second tournament for myself and Whitney - plus my first without my spouse.  Would I be able to decide what club to use?  Could I figure out if this sparkly blouse scared me or was awesome?      



Next was a delicious complimentary bbq lunch, then a few practice swings on the range.  I was having a blast!

Whitney says : I was definitely looking forward to playing in this charity event! How can you beat playing a game you love for a great cause?  It was also our friend Travis's birthday - what better way to celebrate than playing 18 holes? 


Golf gifts for the birthday boy...


The atmosphere of the tournament was very festive - definitely set to be a day of fun versus a day of serious play.  There was a beer truck, bbq, giveaways in the swag bag from sponsors Jack Daniels and Southern Comfort, and a raffle with awesome prizes like golf bags, an electric guitar, gift baskets and golf gadgets.   

I took advantage of the option to purchase a "Cheater" button - a great idea to raise more money for the charities while keeping the mood light and not too competitive.  I need all the help I can get!    Donating $10 to the charity came with 5 free mulligans throughout the day.



One thing that struck me most?  There were very few women playing.  Out of about 140 golfers, only 10 players were female. Come on ladies!  Tournaments are great ways to challenge your golf nerves and contribute to a favorite charity.
 
The play was shotgun style , a fun way to golf.  It really takes the pressure off of each stroke and allows you to celebrate your victories (and not sweat your failures).  When you play as a team, you can par almost every hole - it was a fantastic feeling to add up the score card at the end of the game and realize how well we played.  
  
Summary : 
Whitney : One piece of advice?  Make sure you take the full day off of work because tournament play is slow.  There were three ladies who left early and did not finish.  If you sign up to play, honor your commitment and don't leave until the end - even if the play is slow.  Overall, the experience of this tournament was fantastic.  I can't wait to play another!


Shelley : I'm glad we showed up early, this calmed my nerves and gave us time to explore Siena's grounds.  Overall, a beautiful facility - perfect for an outdoor wedding with a view of the Las Vegas strip in the background!  The course was challenging because of overseeding and natural hazards.  The tournament overall?  Impeccably managed.  I had a great experience and can't wait to play in my next one!